Saturday, August 26, 2017

Personal for a sexy girl: can anyone help me please?




I've long wished to do an EP full of songs with The Marc Kane on lead. As I am the more hands-on songwriter of our duo, I'm more likely to show up on a demo, but this one...I think it was a melody I heard upon waking, once again. It was so fun to write! I consider it a companion piece to "Waiting ON A Girl" and somewhat similar in lyrical intent. It's also very evocative of Angela Dawn's life in CAlifornia. Above all, I wrote it as a show piece for her. Maybe you'll get to hear her punk rock struggle when she was basically without legal i.d.- Invisible REsident- maybe even Monday.

This song's like a playful personal ad for the more mystical side of my best lady friend. Will anyone answer? LOL
Consider it a personal-i-tease. You can tell where she starts cutting loose about a minute in. I spent a little over an hour adding some bells and whistles to what was already a solid acoustic performance- her first try recording it. So glad to get it out to share!

-Lue Lyron

No comments: