Thursday, May 1, 2014

Fabulous Fragility

This is dedicated to our sweet sister Dixie Hellfire, her family, and her aunt Debra, recovering in a nursing home. It's been a pretty rocky road for the ladies that inspired these words, but good things DO happen, and even the tightest spot can get better. For now, I'm glad Dixie can walk again and ...feel things, let's say, instead of paralysis, which was very nearly the case! And here's to Aunt Debra, who came back from a stroke after two years with cognizance for the first time since then.



Fabulous Fragility (for Dixie)

Amaj7/Dm7/ Amaj7 /Dm7/ Amaj7

Dmaj7 Bsus2
Pain inside makes it hard, hard to move

G Em A
No doctor has told us of a way

DM7 Bsus2
My normal life, inflamed desire, inflamed desire
G Em A
Spurs are in me not making me faster, yet, gay…

DM7 Bsus2 F#m
I take the cheer and responsibility

Em A
G Mistake the rain inside for regrets of agility

(special chords) Fabulous Fragility Dmaj7

Em G
A horse of a different color…

A Dmaj7 Em G A
I live this life some might fear in the path of every wrecking ball but I’m still here

D Glad to feel, a hand of
Amin 7 steel balances me every

G time I fall, without you Dmaj7 near without you dear…


2. Brain is fried; take a pill, another bill

I nearly lost the nerves to walk away

Once I thought my dear one lost I looked up to her

One Easter weekend she woke up to say

I had to cry, I thought she had lost all ability

She smiles, & knows my name & helps me pray for new mobility

Fabulous Fragility It meant so much to tell her that I love her

And pain so great, so small a thing to suffer

A Dmaj7 Em G A
I live this life some might fear in the path of every wrecking ball but I’m still here

D Glad to feel, a hand of

Amin 7 steel balances me every

G time I fall, without you

Dmaj7 near without you dear…

Amaj7 Dmaj7 Amaj7 Dmaj7 Dm7 Amaj 7 FIN.


Written by Lue Lyron Copyright 2014 Integr8d Soul Productions/ Wingbat Tunes


I've now added pics and vid, hopefully, from our appearance at First Friday downtown, the huge city-sponsored concert, as well as the Bridge The Sea benefit at the Mellow Mushroom Saturday at 8pm, to benefit a small island in the Philippines. Hope to see you there! Come hear a song and get a drawing from us!!! Cee and Aye

P.S. If Create Space goes smoothly, our novel I'd Go Anywhere With You finally goes on sale in paperback on Amazon.com, as well as on Lulu.com. I've added some new material, including my discovery of Grandma's diary when she first got engaged! Awesome...







No comments: