Monday, September 18, 2017

For Striking Worship by Angela Disharoon (music by Cecil)

ONe big edited first take of music to go with a 1999 poem of Angela's I picked up. So, it's got some imperfections, but I just want you to feel inspired, you know?

Mother Earth accepting me as her kin
Inside the opening of her cavern I am swept away
Nothing to distinguish
Who I am
Will relate the tale
Of heroes of old
Awaken to take up the helm
For Striking Worship
In a young one’s heart
Holding to tradition
of the past few years
to recapture timeless feelings
And at the end of it all
Find the golden opportunity

Angela Dawn Disharoon 07/28/99


68 great words and a few minutes of pure inspiration. I could talk about the meanings of those words at great length! Easily 10x as many words to describe what’s there. The meanings of the song have changed at least four times: as I sang, I went on the visual journey they represent, then thought of it as sex, then as birth, and finally, as death.

No comments: