Sunday, December 9, 2018

River, Meet the Sun Ray (a poem by Cecil)



From the point of Origin,

across the lonesome void I’m hurled
Seeking, Sun Ray, quickly runs
beyond to this green world.
And only with some eye to see, is there blue, surrounded me
through moisture called by trees, carried on a song of breeze
to move through dust, into clouds’ tease
and find you, River, touch the seas.

Before this world that’s come to be

the moon and I did love;
while gentle light speed, arrive I
hide and seek, she drifts above.
Her gravity of presence slides yon shoreline waters to their tides
and takes me, waxing, waning sights to visit Hidden-From-The-Nights.

Swift feet reach, red pebble toe
it’s not to tell you where to go
that I shine on you, River low.
Just, follow now your Nature- flow.

Since discovery, reflect I back
uncovering you, along your track
recover the view that brings you back, reflect on you, beyond the black.

Among the glades reaches your pools, from early in your streams.
You need no worry, where you start – I wonder, how?
The River dreams.

Fallen limbs may bar your presence-
stagnate you, but not for long.
Full and true, gather your essence-
Find yourself where you belong.

Punch and kick where you must run
resolving in a gentle splash;
soft and yielding, yet with pressures
caught in a tight pocket- smash!

As I touch your surface, sparkle, free, we meet, a warming glance;
laughing, life within you, swims
and stirrings, deep inside you, dance.

Near you, happy, Sun Ray swift
meet your surface, feelings lift;
through the rocky shoals, you sift-
receiving, I can feel you shift.

Life, a circle, living weather
brought us, like two hands together. I’m inspired,
spontaneous, to whisper of illumination
kept for you, behind this cloud, your curious anticipation.

I cleared my mind, for in my rays,
I hint at secrets, joyful soul.
Gently, I can sense your maze
you run- but River, I see you whole.

Carry with you, now a feather
from the wing of one who soars.
Were you cheered, this shine, together?
Ever, River, freely roar.

Cecil Disharoon 12/zen/18

2 comments:

Bigby Wolf said...

Beautiful.

Cease said...

Thank you. For just a little while, I knew what it was to be one who wields the power of the sun.