Sunday, April 18, 2021

All We Want is The Touch?

6:57 am one morning, Finishing up with 13 year-old Henry. So hungry and a bit tired, good day though! One single evaluation to write. Thank Goddess, her computer got into VIPKid. Soon we’ll be back to the great, low-key fun from before. Thank God! It was a regular class, and she waited for me to get in. That was one crazy day.” Two hours, starting with one late student, then a system problem then a Teacher IT issue then, she got into this last one- it took a minute, but it DID open it. “Hopefully, tonights’ will be better!” Now! A new one might be : Laurenzside YouTube video game comedy : Distantly Social. I've meant to write about Angela's recent preoccupation with her YouTube channel for a while, but have only now unlocked the flow of my writing for any purpose I've time and attention. Lauren's playing Minecraft on a multi-player server. I realize how few strings there are attached when people only know each other online. That sort of liberty’s valuable. You don’t ever need to weather any real-world crisis with someone to value ‘playing’ with them, in words, memes, videos. Angela’s not feeling energetic- I will help her find some period counters, and of course her further fitness will help, and the altitude sickness problem is one we often note, but I’m not sure how to document, just, I should seek out an herbal cure. I’ve been making a disco boogie bass to “The Touch” and consider now: “We all want the touch” But truthfully, there are many people who would settle for the least amount of touching, perhaps reserved for as many people as you can count on one hand- and some who think they’d sooner have no one touch them! But what I mean, yes, is for those who have waited to touch and are feeling bad about limited-to-no interaction still- how many can that be? That’s the pain behind “Faded Einstein”: knowing that close quarters interactions with your loved ones, depending on their exposure, might convey Covid-19, that terrible god. Why were we having trouble connecting in the first place? I never knew how many of these people are much more decided to maintain strict boundaries. I am sorry I won’t be back there for a while to see some of them, who would’ve been nice companionship, which I would have enjoyed. I still care about maintaining some sort of friendship, too. It’s unconventional to make a move, not based on retirement, and not based on post-graduation attempts to get established, but upon deciding in ‘middle-age’- which in Cali I often began to fantasize, this is Infancy to what advanced age we may reach- that I need the stimulation of a particular city and setting. I also need the peace and hopefulness of this place. Still waiting to regularly touch anyone, though. The person I hugged is moving out of state- not because I hugged her. We met the day of the King Sooper's massacre, and her story, from the three times I've talked with her, is memorable, but, maybe another time. Since most of my Internet-based friendships are quieted by the two hours' difference. But I also realize, I am preparing sincerely for interactions not tethered to a computer interface.
I feel at home with my own company in a way I haven't as much, a lot more inclined to stay awake and attempt something- even the first Colorado Snowman I made. But this is a good time to truly be settled in myself. I'll share my 'limited spiritual warrior' ordeal another time, too, but let's say I figured out how to make peace with the person I felt I was raised to become. It just took some Writing after some meditation and a bit of emotional pain. Now, I don't believe I'll suffer without something meant to be found interacting with someone I don't yet know. Sharing Touch with people can be done from as healthy a perspective as possible.

No comments: