Monday, May 11, 2020

When you've lost someone to respiratory disease: my COVID-19 commentary

When people re-post inaccurate garbage about safety precautions, more and more I'm reminded of how my Dad died over twelve years ago. He worked at Bekaert Steel, and could've listened more carefully. Pulmonary fibrosis was a long, painful, horrid death.

Dad didn't check facts, either.

I miss him. He was a good person who overcame a lot of adversity to have basic comforts for his family.

So people's carelessness over respiratory illness is a bit personal for me. OK?

I've made a lifetime of running free from corporate-decreed doom, whatever else it cost me.
Sometimes I resent that other people's desire to serve their corporate masters has made a hazard of the simple act of going out to enjoy a band or buy us some food.

What I wish I could convey to so very many people, across this land:
I've lived my adult life to be free of your slave mentalities, your shallow worship of God, and now, your pathetic need to force others to deal with your 'liberties.'
Don't mistake my optimism or caring for weakness, weak-mindedness, programming. We're being asked to do something for the sake of one another. You're used to dictating how everyone else ought to live, but you don't have the guts to do anything other than what you've been told.

https://www.facebook.com/PPEbrigadeGA
You may not be able to fathom how little taste I have for being told what to do,or blindly accepting what to think; nor for forcing people to act against their will.
I have even less tolerance for forcing people to act against their own well-being.
On this, I've put my money where my mouth is- and where others mouths are, a few times, too.
Wise people have taken my suggestions and help- and helped more people than I could. I'm finally getting more feedback of the good people have done in other communities, some of them inspired by me, as I was inspired by them.

You'll look for any spineless opportunity to claim you're passing along 'the Truth' because it's something you've never honestly worked to discover, while that is all I've cared about, my whole life. But Death is the great equalizer.
One day the truth will set you free. It's all that sets me free of you, too.
At least I have peace in my heart, while I watch a people accelerate their madness. I may get cross, but I'm going to keep creating, learning, making people laugh, and connecting with a deeper reality, even with the humble lot that is mine.


I've lived a beautiful if obscure life with someone I love so much. I'm repulsed to see people scurry to get away from time to themselves, contemplation, sometimes their own family, because the rat race is all they can comprehend, at whatever cost. You won't ask for those who've taken almost everything to share. You vote for their usurpation of resources and your own sovereignity, and that of your fellow man.
Would you rather march off compliantly into a possibly early grave, or pass that dread opportunity to someone else who came in contact with you?
There's so much we don't yet know, but you force us all to take your chances decided in a cave of ignorance.

I didn't set out to shame anyone, but if this makes one solitary person think twice, it was worth sharing.

No comments: