Saturday, July 10, 2010

D'n'A slowly born



http://ceaseill.blogspot.com/2010/06/dna-mountain-page-two.html has the beginning of our tale.








These are pages eight through ten.

Following is page nine, broken down here for the first time, complete with working script. Note if you will changes!

















emergency residence at home, he’s ready for space!
Page nine ( we’ve been swinging from behind Amanda to show dialog from back seat and her reply. Now she is goofing off affectionately.)
DEE CEE: ha! If this is Huffaker Road, we’re actually pretty close! Yeah, he lives in town, that way.
RHONA: Is he your older brother?
AMANDA: Yeah, Timothy graduated from Rockmart, too, the year before Dee Cee.
RHONA: So you guys are all like a year apart?
AMANDA: We’re stair steps.
Panel two: AMANDA (leans out the window): Hey, Bubba! Hahaha!
DEE CEE: Hope you’re having fun, miles away!
Panel 3
CHUCK: I thought y’all were twins when I met you.
DEE CEE: Hahah! Lot of people think so! We ARE the same age for eleven days.
AMANDA: Maybe I was your twin for eleven days, too! Somebody was.
Panel 4 DEE CEE: Yeah, they thought Mom was gonna have me and a boy at first. He was the first brother to move out, I guess! Hahaha! Is that awful? Sometimes we’re expected to let these things keep bothering us, but I defy expectations.





Panel 5 BECKIE: Her parents tried every form of birth control and those kids just Kept coming. Me, I’m adopted, I wouldn’t know! Maybe someday!
RHONA: Your Mom musta liked bab ies! I hope she did.
AMANDA: Oh, that’s where I get MY love of babies! Momma used to have visions about babies---this was all family---she would have a dream about someone getting pregnant, and then she’d tell them about it, sometimes before they even knew!
She would dream the sex of the baby before it was born, too---once she said it was a girl when the doctors said it was going to be a boy, and she was right! Hahaha!
RHONA: Your Mom can leave me out of her dreams for now!
They take a right out onto highway 101, as “Operator” by Jim Croce plays on the radio, with the sisters singing along. Show where they’re driving: the mountain .






In places I have left the figures in pencil, anticipating a more subtle implement so as not to overshadow the line work. I welcome suggestions.


D'n'A #1 is just days away from going to press. On sale this month!!

Be chill, Cease ill

No comments: