Thursday, January 11, 2018

Whispered Words by Integr8d Soul


This song came to me on my birthday. I wrote the words (with one introspective shower in between) after hearing the title phrase, almost as though sung by young Elton John, on a pad on my bed. I felt I had a lot of things to talk about, but I find songs often use phrases loaded with meaning rather than spell things out in clear prose, so here's everything that related to the creative moment.

I started with a different chord progression. I have a 34 min. recording where I begin that progression, try singing over it, then move into the form you find here! I then immediately recorded it, singing the best I could, which is not saying much- but maybe you have to be vulnerable sometimes to really reach people. It's just more sincere.

Speaking of sincerity, it's a very heart-felt song about people struggling through difficult states of being, but I'm happy to report that I told a very tired, hard-worked person the content of verse two and we both had a good laugh about its somewhat dark quandary. Then I let her read verse one off my notepad and she burst out laughing! I really do see the verses as being pretty funny while they were also written in all seriousness, too. It gives me hope that the song's speaking multitudes of meaning that will broaden its appeal.




Whispered Words

1.Are you lonely as Eleanor Rigby?
Empty your mind of the mournful
like a refugee fleeing from violence
breaking the inside world when we’re born full
of Love oh but we’re helpless
Nurtured with kindness Nurtured with kindness
like the natural state of our spirits
we often just need someone to remind us
chorus
Next to silence change like the moon
Take care now of all that you’ve heard
Sometimes friends are just people to think of
heart to imagine whispered words

2. When you can’t word the suicide note
in a way that won’t leave anyone for whom
you care feeling hopeless
just put it off live another day
hope will find you other ways

Just know I think of you
probably more than you realize
anti-anything isn’t as strong
as the love that illuminates real lies

chorus
Next to silence change like the moon
Take care now of all that you’ve heard
Sometimes friends are just people to think of
heart to imagine whispered words

That's it! I look forward to re-recording in Pro Tools, but it did mean something special to me, so if you can pardon its rough edges, you might enjoy it. Will it leave you in thought? Will it downright offend you? Will it just leave a catchy piano riff behind? Give it a try. For that, I thank you.


No comments: