Thursday, December 1, 2011

Let Go Of Tension. Live the moment.

Photo courtesy Father Palamas.

THICH NHAT HANH: be free where you are




Breathing in, I know that I am breathing in.
Breathing out, I know that I am breathing out.
Breathing in, I notice that my in-breath has become deeper.
Breathing out, I notice that my out-breath has become slower.
Breathing in, I calm myself.
Breathing out, I feel at ease.
Breathing in, I smile.
Breathing out, I release.
Breathing in, I dwell in the present moment.
Breathing out, I feel it is a wonderful moment.


In, Out; Deep, Slow;
Calm, Ease, Smile, Release.
Present Moment, Wonderful Moment.




First, we practice “in, Out.” Breathing in, we say, “In,” silently, in order to nourish the awareness that we are breathing in. When we breathe out, we say, “Out,” aware that we are breathing out. Each word is a guide to help us return to our breathing.

Let in these words, one at a time.

Creativity. Kindness. Love. Beauty. Expansion. Abundance. Receptivity.




Continue with deep…slow..calm….ease…smile…release. When we breath in, even if we do not feel great joy at the moment, we can still smile. When we smile, our joy and peace become even more settled, and tension vanishes. When we breathe out, we say, “Release” as we release what is making us suffer---an idea, a fear, a worry, anger.






Remember, the present moment is the only one where life is available to us. So in order to touch life, do not let the past or future distract you. Let your breath connect your body and your mind. You will become fully present in the here and now. It’s not difficult. Anyone can do it.

Just Be chill. Cease ill.

Adapted from Thich Nhat Hahn and Wayne Dyer.



No comments: