Saturday, October 30, 2010

songs



Something Not Quite There
Dreams
Luck
The Stars
U R Me
Say What
2 Left Hands
Hey, Hey My My

Accept, Explain
and possibly another song before dinner!
Dozens of park attendees enjoyed the songs as well.
Pork Chops, Burgers, hot dogs and boneless chicken breasts were deliciously grilled by Charlie and Dixie (who brought sweet tea), courtesy Anna and David. We brought cases of soda and some ice, and Mom and Dixie each brought a chocolate cake for an early birthday celebration for Angela, too.

Have You Ever Seen the Rain? Knockin' On Heaven's Door a bit of Straight to Hell by Drivin' n 'Cryin'...wasn't time before dark, and we still had the spirit! Joking's the last one I recall playing myself, and then I stepped over to where Ron had played some Bee Gees and now put on "Peaceful eAsy Feelin'". I'll think of that as where it all came to a happy end.

Boy it was hard to squeeze in home cooked food and singing! We sang Happy Birthday to Angela's brother in Virginia, too.


Poppa had checked the laws on riding Angela and I in the bed of the truck, and just as we headed out, down came a patch of rain. The radar suggested we could wait it out, and soon enough we had a tarp put down and drove off to round up drinks and gas.



After dinner I played "Joking" by the Indigo Girls and the sisters came together to sing again like old times. Papa Bowman played us a number of Bee Gees and Eagles tunes; I taped "Peaceful Easy Feeling" on my camera myself!



Because we announced the date and location so late (in an effort to open it to as many people as possible) some of my friends had other plans, and the person most likely to play videographer was home with no water and no answers...but we improvised with the cameras and many people we had, as you can see.








(Added later)




Finally, it's dark, and we're loaded up in the truck for Dixie's. The kids spend the night, too, and David suggests a rousing game of heroes versus villains played in the moonlight of the Cedartown front lawn.


No comments: