Friday, April 1, 2011

The tsunami stories; an update



This four month old child is one of the featured players of my short fiction cycle about the Japanese tsunami. I would like to broaden this to discuss tsunamis elsewhere in the Pacific in recent years, perhaps even historically.

The ideas have come together; now it's a matter of sitting down with the details and beginning the drafts. I put a lot of time into DnA #1 this week, as the first copies found their way into the hands of friends; they're in the mail!

Today's news involves the leak of irradiated water into the Pacific. Someone's going to have to cement a nine inch crack, submerged in 78 inches of poisoned water. Others are being called back to help with the plant as well. I know of one man who was back here in America when the request came; he was featured in last week's news.


http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/world/asia/03futaba.html There's the necessities of building a viable power plant, bringing jobs, and then, the aftermath of disaster. I am looking for more specifics about the layout of the plant (or any nuclear plant), and details about the town itself. One thing I discovered in that search was this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110327/ap_on_bi_ge/as_japan_earthquake;_ylt=ApraPXSWZvjyxyu0zPTeGBv9xg8F;_ylu=X3oDMTM3cjlmcXNjBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwMzI3L2FzX2phcGFuX2VhcnRocXVha2UEY2NvZGUDbXBfZWNfOF8xMARjcG9zAzEEcG9zAzEEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yaWVzBHNsawNodWdlanVtcGlucmE- but importantly, this:

a videolog of the city shot last year by a visitor.

I do not want to make the nuclear disaster too much the center of my research; there are other stories I want to tell, so while we all wrap our heads around the ongoing problem, I really should start with shorter versions of the stories. The tone deserves care. I believe it will write itself. When I am done, I will present an EIN number for those who wish to donate to Red Cross, tax-deductible, to go with the stories.








Listen, I'm still figuring out integr8dsoul.com, but meanwhile, you can do what Jason (and Aimee!) have done. In Jason's case, he sent us $9 at

C. Lue Disharoon
542 6th Ave.
San Diego, CA 92101

which was really cool as it covers shipping and handling, at $1.25 each! The issue itself, DNA #1, retails for $3.25.

Meanwhile, our remaining t-shirts are available at Convention Special Price, for $12 each or 2 for $20, plus $3.00 for shipping & handling.

You can do the same over PayPal, at luelyron@gmail.com !!!

AND!! You can use the button provided; the $15 will cover your postage.






D'n'A t-shirt #1




or





D'n'A t-shirt Puzzle pieces (girl and boy)






No comments: